Sunday, May 17, 2009

I WISH ...

I WISH ...

... I wish for more hours in a day so I would get more pictures and stories into this blog, for us to remember this trip in the future, and to share with family and friends now.

... I wish I had a camera that would capture smells. I'd get the smell of the lilacs in Illinois. And the flowers in the yard at Dale's house in Charlestown, IN. And the jasmine somewhere along our winding route.

... I wish I could have captured the taste of the root beer that I had in the retro Maid-Rite restaurant in Springfield, IL. OMG, it was good.

... I wish I would have had a recorder going at the memorial service when we had my Mom's urn interred at Rock Island National Cemetery. It rained ALL DAY that day, never let up. The wind blew especially strong while we family, 12 of us, gathered under a shelter. The speakers played a beautiful Taps, accompanied by an extraordinarily long roll of midwest thunder. Mom heard from, I think. We had her wish of one rose on the dais along with her beautiful urn, etched with a hummingbird for her. I think she was applauding.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean.
    Smells and tastes are such important memories!
    I'm really a fan of good root beer, too! ... and Ginger Ale, which is much easier to find back east than out here!

    ReplyDelete