Monday, July 19, 2010

Fun in the U.P.

Last year we spent time on the North shore of Lake Superior in MN, this year on the South Shore in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.


Some day we would like to do a full circle tour of any of these gorgeous Great Lakes.


We spent some days in teeny Grand Marais, MN last year and some in teenier Grand Marais, MI this year. Lots of
photo opportunities!



We were in a municipal campground right on the lake and were lucky enough to be there during a big Kayak Symposium. Interesting!


Not a problem - that was a class in rolling in the kayak. No, I did NOT take that class!















There was a nice church right across the street from the campground that played beautiful bell carols every daylight hour. I felt like I was in Heaven!






















I have tried and TRIED to take photos of spider webs and finally got one...if you click on that, you can enlarge it. (then use your back arrow to get back to this blog)













Friend Linda was at the kayak symposium and had a break at the same time I was driving out to see rescued bears at a reserve. How fun! We got to pet the 7 month old cub - SO soft and SO playful!





We saw smiling bears,









and bears that pray.


Lots and lots of bears there and we saw them climb trees, run and play, swim, and pace. They look so happy!


I can't resist taking sunset pictures and pictures with long shadows. Here is how I look with lo-o-o-ng legs. Pretty weird. Guess I am glad I have short legs!









Nice agate beach..








and I was there...
















1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous sunsets. That along with the bells ringing.....Sounds like heaven....

    ReplyDelete