Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crazy route to Iowa

We did some rejiggering of our plans the last couple of weeks. I wanted to attend a cousin's Memorial service in Illinois at the farm where my Mom was born. So I took the Greyhound (fun experience...) to Chicago and joined my sister and niece there. We had a great couple of days and squeezed in attending the musical Billy Elliott (Wow!) downtown.

We had a great time with family remembering a very colorful aviator, 87 year old cousin, seeing his ashes spread over the farm where Mom was born and where he grew up.












Then, being near a big airport, I decided to fly to Phoenix for 3 days with my kids. I miss them! Andy and I even did an overnight in Prescott. Was so good to see them.

Meanwhile, Gregg finished out the week in Oshkosh and drove the motorhome to Minneapolis. I flew back there from Phoenix and we had a couple of days to see friends there. So that is how we find ourselves in Minnesota this weekend...still
headed toward the southwest.





That yellow boat is on Lake Minnetonka, a restored street car boat. The street car line used to continue over water to the island in the lake. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment