Saturday, June 2, 2012

Leaving Tennessee...


We have absolutely loved this trip across TN.  To go out with a real bang, I took a river raft trip on the Ocoee River the last afternoon.  What a great ride!  That's the river that the Atlanta Olympics used for their Olympic events. Though my trip was on a little tamer part of the lower river, I did get to experience some Class III and IV rapids.  Got my heartbeat WAY up with a fun and exciting guide, got to "surf" a couple of times and got REAL wet right out of the box when we started just below a dam and waterfall, then stayed very wet throughout the 2 hour trip.  Great fun & I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Gregg had his fill of whitewater on a long Grand Canyon Colorado River trip years ago so stayed home and chilled while I rafted.  Go figure... 

No comments:

Post a Comment