Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My sister Betty

My sister, Betty Reynolds, was honored in Deming, NM during a memorial service April 30 at her church.  Then on May 1, many of us family members spent the day in Hillsboro, NM where she had lived for a number of years and left her mark.  She had been instrumental in building the library in that tiny town adn they honored her by naming their Reading Room for her.


My sister Jeri and brother Bill and I in the library.

We released Betty's cremains at Emory Pass, per her wishes.

Hillsboro friends and neighbors and we family members.



A quilt Betty made in her friend/neighbor Patti's house.

Patti's beautiful Iris

Sarah, Gregg and I had to stop to see The Thing.  No, I am not spilling the beans about what it is.  You go see it!  Only $1.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting about Betty. I learned of her death only this week, and feel bad that I wasn't paying more attention. I knew her through my friend Jeanne Howard Burkhardt and our common connection as librarians. I followed her emails about her illness for a long time. I am sorry for your loss. Betty was a wonderful and fascinating person.

    ReplyDelete