Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Prescott

Tsunami on the Square - annual June arts festival.  I love it!  So crazy.
OK, I've learned my lesson. I can't leave my blog for 6 months and then expect to catch it up in one day.  Can't be done.  This has taken 2 full days now to get caught up and it's a pretty sparse job of it, a little disjointed.  But better than nothing.

On a Prescott Walking Tour with Jackie - visiting Hotel Vendome's Ghost's room.

We Prescott Friends of Sherri miss her after losing her to Leukemia in March.  We added a paver for her in the Prescott State Centennial project at City Hall.

We "adopted" my daughter Sarah's cat KC, 16 1/2 year old really cool cat, for about 5 months this year.  She's now living with son Andy in Tempe.

Finally!  I've wanted a new front door for YEARS!  We finally stayed home long enough to get it done!  New house trim color too and the whole exterior got a power wash.

I took 3 Mural Tours this summer with these two Prescott mural artists, Maggie and R called the Mural Mice.  This one with a PEO group.  Our public art murals are INCREDIBLE!  Chock full of Prescott and world history, works of wonder.

Current public art project in a park in Prescott - very interesting controversy surrounding this one.  Hundreds of comments are on the newspaper website, protesting and defending this work.  It's amazing how volatile people can become over something like this.  Seems there are people in town who absolutely despise the public art and the young artists and students our town attracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment